Modalert 200 mgEstimated Delivery Date : 15-20 Days
$168.00 – $375.00
- Active Compound : Armodafinil
- Brand Name : Artvigil
- Strength : 150 mg
- Manufacturer : Sun Pharmaceuticals
We offer FDA-approved Nootropics manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and Hab Pharmaceuticals & Research Ltd.
Backed by a team of experts, we offer evidence-based product information to ensure total care for your well-being.
We ensure complete data protection of our customers with safe payment gateways.
Fast & Discreet
Shop judgment-free with our prompt and discreet USPS delivery service to your doorstep.
What Is Modalert?
Modalert, the brand name of Modafinil, is an FDA-approved compound that promotes wakefulness in patients with excessive daytime sleepiness. It is a stimulant with a selective site of action in the brain and is better tolerated than other traditional stimulants.
Manufactured by Sun Pharmaceuticals, the fifth-largest generic production company, Modalert has found therapeutic importance in increasing alertness, cognitive enhancement, and reducing Fatigue.
Mechanism Of Action
The primary clinically important property of Modafinil is its weak inhibitor of dopamine reuptake, which increases its secretion, leading to improved working memory. Modalert also enhances the concentration of norepinephrine (NE) and serotonin (5HT) in the prefrontal cortex and hypothalamus regions of the brain following its administration. Additionally, Modalert 200 tablets increase the signaling of hypothalamic histamine and orexin neurotransmitter pathways that play a key role in promoting wakefulness.
Pharmacokinetics Of Modalert 200 Mg Tablets
- Absorption - Modalert is readily absorbed after oral administration. Its maximum plasma concentration is reached within 2 to 4 hours.
- Metabolism- Modalert tablets undergo hepatic metabolism (in the liver).
- Elimination- The elimination of the Modalert tablet is through the kidney. The elimination half-life of a single dose of Modalert 200 mg tablets is about 15 hours. 80% of the Modalert dose is recovered in the urine in the form of metabolites.
Clinical Uses of Modalert Tablets
Modalert is a mild psychostimulant drug that is clinically useful in treating Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) associated with three common sleep disorders, as mentioned below.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder
Researchers Birgitte R. Kornum, in a 2017 study, described Narcolepsy as a chronic sleep disorder that is characterized by a set of clinical symptoms, including EDS, disturbed nocturnal sleep, abnormal sleep features, and overwhelming episodes of sleep.
It is a chronic condition that is characterized by frequent episodes of upper airway collapse during sleep, says Dr. Naresh M. Punjabi from Johns Hopkins University in a 2007 study. With obesity being the major risk factor, researchers estimate that it affects 26% of Americans between the ages of 30 and 70 years.
This is a sleep disorder that affects people who work nontraditional hours, such as the night shift. Affecting more than 6 million Americans, SWSD increases the risk of insomnia or excessive sleeping during work hours, along with elevating the risk of cardiovascular and gastrointestinal disease, says Jonathan R. L. Schwartz and Thomas Roth in a study.
Off-Label Uses Of Modalert-
The four key off-label benefits of Modalert include better cognitive enhancement, weight loss, improvement of ADHD symptoms, and treatment of chronic fatigue, as described below.
For Better Brain Cognitive Ability
The off-label use of Modalert is effective in improving cognitive functioning and enhancing working memory in patients with first-episode psychosis, suggests a 2011 study by Linda Scoriels et al. It affects "cold" cognition, which involves information processing, and enhances "hot cognition," such as task-related motivation and emotion recognition.
Use of Modalert for Weight Loss
Modalert significantly reduces impulsivity, thus preventing impulsive binge eating in people with food addiction. It also suppresses appetite, leading to a weight loss of up to 10 lb (4.535 kg), according to a case report by David C. Henderson.
Modalert for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
The physiologic effects of Modalert activate the cerebral cortex, whose weaker functioning is associated with ADHD. The use of Modalert for ADHD is safe, with no sign of withdrawal symptoms or rebound exacerbation of hypersomnolence or ADHD symptoms, suggests Thomas Rugino in a 2007 study.
For Chronic Fatigue
Modalert is also considered an attractive candidate for treating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) associated with chemotherapy and multiple sclerosis in studies by Udo A. Zifko et al. in 2002 and B. Stankoff et al. in 2005.
Even though the off-label use of Modalert is recommended and supported by clinical studies, regulatory bodies such as the FDA have raised concerns about an increased risk of neuropsychiatric and hypersensitivity adverse reactions. Thus, the off-label use of Modalert 200 mg tablets should be done with caution.
Benefits Of Sun Pharma Modalert
Sun Pharma follows stringent quality control measures, ensuring the safety and efficacy of Modalert tablets. They use cutting-edge technologies to enhance the affordability of medications across the world while adhering to global safety standards.
- Modalert tablets take 30 minutes to start working after ingestion and may take slightly longer to start acting if administered on a full stomach.
- The active compound of Modalert, Modafinil, is believed to be the first smart drug with genuine potency to help with exam preparation, according to Guy Goodwin, the president of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- The long half-life of Modafinil allows the action of Modalert 200 mg tablets to last up to 12 hours from a single dose administration.
- Modalert is a well-tolerated stimulant that is safe and has a lower potential for dependence and abuse.
- Modalert's propensity to cause a lower euphoric effect compared to other traditional psychostimulants is believed to be a potential advantage by Karl Greenblatt and Ninos Adams in a study on Modafinil.
Choosing The Right Modafinil Brand- The Benefits Of Modalert Over Modvigil
Apart from Modalert, Modafinil is also available under the brand name Modvigil.
While Modalert is one of the most effective and potent Modafinil brands, it can be potentially more expensive. We recommend Modalert 200 mg if you want a strong Nootropic option that provides 12 to 14 hours of extreme focus and concentration without any budget restraints. Whereas people looking for an affordable Modafinil option with milder effects can buy Modvigil 200 mg tablets.
The Modalert 200 mg dose is recommended for treating excessive daytime sleepiness associated with all its approved sleep disorders, including Narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorders. Dosage reductions or adjustments are recommended in patients with severe hepatic and renal impairments.
Avoid taking Modalert more than its prescribed dosage (200 mg). The maximum recommended Modalert dose is 400 mg. Depending on the dosage strength, the symptoms of Modalert overdose may vary.
Eight commonly reported symptoms of overdosage include
- Chest Pain
- Trouble Breathing
- Tarry Stool
- Unusual Bruising Or Bleeding
- Difficulty passing urine
Administration- How To Use Modalert 200 mg?
- Modalert 200 mg is available as oral tablets, which should be swallowed with water.
- The Modalert 200 mg dosage for the treatment of Excessive sleepiness associated with Narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea should be administered once a day in the morning.
- To treat shift work disorder, take Modalert 200mg one hour before the start of the shift.
- Modalert tablets should not be crushed, as they may result in the drug being released too early and quickly, increasing the risk of overdosing or irritating the stomach lining.
- For best results, take the Modalert dose at the same time every day.
Warning And Precaution
- The use of Modalert 200mg in Specific Patient Populations
- Pediatric Use- The use of Modalert 200 tablets in children is not approved by the FDA and is associated with potential skin rashes, including erythema multiforme major (EMM) and Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS). Thus, Modalert dosage is not advisable for patients under the age of 17.
- Pregnant Women- Modalert is a category C pregnancy medicine with scientific literature indicating a potential increased risk of intrauterine growth restriction and abortion in animal studies. Such women are recommended to take Modalert doses only under the supervision of a physician.
- Geriatric Use- The elimination of Modalert and its metabolite may be reduced in elderly patients due to slower metabolic activity. Such patients require lower doses with close monitoring. The use of Modalert in people over 65 should be done after consulting a doctor.
- Cardiovascular patients- The use of Modalert tablets is not recommended in patients with a history of previous cardiotoxicity related to psychostimulants or with left ventricular hypertrophy (increase in the thickness of the heart). Regular monitoring is recommended for patients with previous cardiac disorders, unstable angina, and uncontrolled hypertension.
- Lactating Women- Women breastfeeding their infant while using Modalert are found to have no adverse effects on the child, according to a researcher, Bethesda. However, contrary to reports, Modafinil, the active compound of Modalert, is reported to transfer into human milk during lactation, as per a 2018 case study by Sanjay Aurora et al. Thus, it is preferable to consult a doctor before taking Modalert tablets for breastfeeding mothers.
- Psychiatric disorders- Take Modalert doses with caution in patients with mania and psychosis. Discontinuation of the treatment is advised if symptoms such as hallucination, aggression, delusion, and suicidal tendencies develop.
- Even though Modalert improves driving performance in patients with idiopathic hypersomnia and Narcolepsy, in some cases, it may affect reaction time and judgment. Thus, using heavy machinery, performing any hazardous task, or driving a motor vehicle is not advisable.
- Modalert can interact with contraceptive pills to make them less effective, thus increasing the chances of getting pregnant. So, consult a doctor for an alternative contraceptive plan while taking Modalert.
Storage Of Modalert 200 Tablets
Store Modalert 200 mg tablets at 15-25 degrees Celsius (59–77 degrees Fahrenheit) to maintain effectiveness and potency. Keep these tablets away from pets and children in a dry, moist-free place. Modalert 200 tablets come in blister packs and can be stored in their original packaging.
Modalert 200 Side Effects
Modalert's eight common side effects reported by less than 10% of users are listed below. These are mild symptoms that do not require immediate medical attention
- Loss of appetite
- Back pain
- Stuffy nose
Rare but serious adverse effects of Modalert may include
- Chest pain
- Mouth sores
Health Risks From Modalert Abuse
The FDA reported the occurrence of euphoria and psychoactive effects affecting mood, thinking ability, and feelings in clinical trials. As Modalert affects the same dopamine centers of the brain as cocaine, it can also result in uncontrollable shaking, a pounding heartbeat, Hallucinations, and insomnia.
Adverse Effects From Modalert Withdrawal
The withdrawal symptoms include intense cravings due to increased dopamine levels in the brain. It may also result in other health effects such as depression, issues with concentration, insomnia, fatigue, shortness of breath, and problems concentrating.
Modalert can interact with 460 medicines and health supplements. A drug interaction is a reaction between two or more medications or compounds that increases the risk of adverse effects when combined.
- Modalert decreases the serum concentration of other medications significantly when taken with Clozapine, Clarithromycin, Ranolazine, antihepatic combination products, and Guanfacine.
- On the other hand, the serum concentration of Modalert may decrease when taken with St. John’s Wort, rifampin, efavirenz, and phenytoin.
- Taking antifungal drugs such as itraconazole and ketoconazole, along with clarithromycin and ritonavir, can increase the serum concentration of Modafinil.
Modalert is also associated with moderate to severe drug interactions. A few other notable medicines that should not be taken with Modalert 200 mg tablets are listed below with their interaction severity.
|Moderate Drug Interaction (210 Moderate and 180 Minor drug interactions)||Severe Drug Interaction (with 70 known drugs)|
It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking Modalert with other medications or supplements to avoid possible drug interactions.
- With alcohol- Do not mix Modalert with alcohol, as it can increase alcohol tolerance, dizziness, and backouts.
- With Grapefruit- Intestinal CYP3A4 concentration, which is one of the most important drug-metabolizing enzymes, is decreased by 47% within 4 hours of taking grapefruit. Thus, grapefruit juices or foods containing grapefruit should not be taken with Modafinil as they lower their metabolic activity.
Modalert Reviews and User Experience: Real Stories from Modafinil Users
Modalert has a rating of 7.2 out of 10 on the website drugs.com, from a total of 464 reviews, and an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5 on WebMD.
Five user experiences and testimonials from WebMD are given below to better understand Modalert and its active compound, Modafinil.
Briana, a 35 to 44 years old female with Narcoelspy who has been taking Modafinil (Modalert) for less than 2 years, says"The drugs were a Godsent and that she no longer had to worry about falling asleep during conferences, meetings, work, or while driving."
Skylar, who has been taking Modafinil 200 mg (Modalert) for less than a year for daytime sleepiness due to idiopathic hypersomnia, says,"The drugs were a Godsent and that she no longer had to worry about falling asleep during conferences, meetings, work, or while driving."
Lisa, a 45 to 54-year-old female with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, states,"Modalert or Modafinil has made a tremendous difference in her life. The medication helped promote wakefulness with no sign of side effects." "It helps with fatigue and promotes wakefulness without causing Jitteriness."
Says Kylie Bling, a patient with Obstructive Sleep Apnea who has been on the medication for 1 to 2 years"Modafinil or Modalert significantly improved focus and alertness with ADHD with no signs of side effects or crashes."
Says an Anonymous patient taking the medication for about 6 months.
MyModalert- Key Customer Benefits
Mymodalert is an excellent online pharmacy that offers a wide selection of quality Nootropics, such as Modalert, with reliable customer service. Some of the key benefits of choosing MyModalert online pharmacy to order Modalert over other vendors are as follows –
- Affordable Modalert 200 price ($1.25 per pill for a pill package of 300 pills).
- Get Modalert for sale at discounted prices during the holiday season.
- A refill reminder is sent to all customers.
- Being an online pharmacy, Mymodalert caters to your health needs 24 hours a day.
- Since we obtain the medicines directly from the manufacturers, all our products, including Modalert 200 mg, are always in stock.
- After the package is shipped, a tracking number is sent.
- Buy Modalert online and get free pills on your first order.
- 24x7 customer support.
- We offer discreet packaging and shipping of all our products and USPS Discreet Mail Service to all our customers in the United States.
Modalert is a highly effective and potent Nootropic used by millions worldwide for its Excessive daytime sleepiness. Its therapeutic offering in improving cognitive functioning helps enhance the user’s memory, creativity, and concentration.
Used by students, cooperating professionals, and armed forces on air missions to remain alert; it is considered a safe and well-tolerated Nootropic with a lower health risk.
Modalert is a federally controlled substance classified as a Schedule IV medication due to its low risk of abuse.
People can buy Modalert 200 online from MyModalert for assured discounts and free shipping on all orders.
One can easily buy Modalert from reputable online vendors such as Mymodalert, which provides nootropics without prescriptions to make your shopping experience easy.
Modalert costs $1.25 per pill at MyModalert. However, the Modalert 200 price may vary depending on the pharmacy and the pill package.
Yes, it is safe to buy Modalert online, but make sure that the online pharmacy from which you are purchasing the Nootropic is reputable and licensed.
Modalert has a shelf life of two to three years from the manufacturing date.
Yes, Modalert is a safe nootropic that is well tolerated by most individuals.
At MyModalert, the payment methods that are accepted for Modalert purchases are PayPal and Zelle.