Modalert Vs. Modvigil: Which Smart Drug is Better?
|Modalert and Modvigil share many similarities and differences in factors such as manufacturer, duration of action, effectiveness, and cost.
Nootropics, also known as smart drugs, have become increasingly popular for their multiple uses in recent years. Modalert and Modvigil are two of the most popular brands of the generic Modafinil.
This blog compares both brands of Modafinil based on various factors and helps you choose the one that best fits your needs.
Modalert vs. Modafinil? What is the best nootropic to choose? Let’s find out.
Overview Of Modalert and Modvigil
Modafinil and Modvigil, also known as Nootropics (drugs that improve human thinking, learning, and memory), are wakefulness-promoting agents used worldwide to treat various sleep ailments .
How Does Modafinil Work?
Modafinil is a central nervous system stimulant that helps stimulate the brain.
The stimulation process increases the levels of different chemical messengers known as Neurotransmitters. The chemical messengers include monoamines, catecholamines, dopamine, serotonin, adenosine, and noradrenaline.
Modafinil affects different brain regions, including the hypothalamus, hippocampus, and amygdala, and inhibits GABA’s ( Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) action, resulting in sleepiness .
There are three steps of the Pharmacokinetics of Modafinil-
- Absorption: The Drug is readily absorbed after oral administration. It is insoluble in an aqueous solution and, therefore, cannot be taken Intravenously .
- Metabolism: Modafinil is metabolized in the liver through various pathways .
- Excretion: The excretion of Modafinil in the form of metabolites is done by the kidneys via urine .
How long does Modafinil last?
The effects of Modafinil generally last for about 10-12 hours, but it might also last for as long as 15 hours in some people .
Comparative Analysis Of Modvigil Vs. Modalert: Let’s compare both Modafinil products to see which is better.
Modalert Vs. Modvigil – Similarities
Modalert and Modvigil share many similarities because they contain the same active ingredient, “Modafinil.”
- Primary uses –
They help treat Narcolepsy, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and Shift Work Sleep Disorder.
- Off-label Uses –
It helps treat –
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- In various studies, it has been found that Modafinil improves the severity of depression.
- Invention –
Michel Jouvet and Lafon Laboratories invented it.
FDA Approval – 24 December 1998.
- Drug Class –
- Dosage –
- Available in dose strengths of 100-200mg.
- The standard recommended dose is 200mg/day for adults over 16.
- Good for –
- Administration –
- Oral administration with a glass of water.
- It should not be crushed or chewed.
- It can be taken with or without food, as the doctor prescribes.
- It should not be taken at night to avoid insomnia and at the same time of the day for better effectiveness.
Modvigil 200 Vs. Modalert 200 – Differences
The 4 major Differences between Modalert and Modvigil are given below –
The manufacturer of Modalert is SUN Pharmaceuticals; on the other hand, HAB Pharmaceuticals manufactures Modvigil.
Duration of Action
Modalert’s action duration is quite longer—12+ hours—than that of Modvigil, which lasts for about 10-12 hours.
Modalert is more effective compared to Modvigil because of its longer-lasting effects.
The cost of Modvigil at Mymodalert is $0.90 per pill, whereas the price of Modalert is $1.25 per pill. Therefore, Modalert is quite expensive compared to Modvigil.
Benefits Of Both Smart Drugs
Along with their uses, there are several benefits to both intelligent drugs. Let’s take a nitty-gritty look at the benefits of both products.
4 Modalert and Modvigil Benefits are laid below-
- Both Modalert and Modvigil have lower chances of Addiction and abuse.
- Health insurance covers the medications.
- Both the nootropics are well tolerated with fewer Side Effects.
- They have a quick onset of action.
If you want to order Modalert with free shipping and fast delivery, then you can choose Mymodalert online pharmacy.
Precautionary Measures While Administering Modalert And Modvigil
6 of the Precautionary Measures while administering Modalert and Modvigil are mentioned below-
- You must inform your doctor about any kind of allergies that you have or have while taking Modafinil.
- Kidney, liver, and heart patients should consult their doctor before taking these nootropics.
- You should not do any kind of activity that requires a quick or immediate response, such as driving, until and unless you are aware of the effects of Modafinil.
- The medication should be avoided during pregnancy because of a lack of safety data.
- You must avoid these medications during the breastfeeding stage. This might harm your baby.
- Always see the medicine’s label before consuming it .
Potential Side Effects of the Nootropics
10 Side Effects of Modalert and Modafinil are below
- Nausea: A stomach discomfort or an urge to vomit.
- Headache: A discomfort or pain caused in the head or back part of the body.
- Sleep difficulty– Insomnia, a stage where you can’t sleep at night.
- Drowsiness– A feeling of lethargic Sleepiness.
- Dry Mouth– A condition where your salivary glands do not produce enough saliva.
- Loss of Appetite– It is a state where you don’t desire to eat or don’t feel hungry.
- Sweating releases fluid from the sweat glands containing salt.
- Confusion – Lack Of Understanding or Certainity.
- Difficulty in Seeing– A state where you can’t see properly
- Tremors -Uncontrollable shaking of a part of your body.
However, You should consult your doctor before taking the Medication and report to him if any symptoms occur.
5 other notable symptoms require an immediate medical response.
- Chest Pain- Discomfort or pain in the heart caused by poor blood flow to the heart.
- Hoarseness- a change in the voice quality that might appear scratchy or husky.
- Difficulty in Breathing- Shortness of breath where you can’t get enough air into the lungs.
- Anxiety – A state of fear, dread, and uneasiness.
- Rashes or peeling of the Skin .
Customers Reviews of both the Smart Drugs
Modvigil Reviews from the website ModafinilXL –
“I’ve been taking Modvigil for a year . After taking this medicine, I can remember things that I would not have been able to recall before. It is a quality product with a reasonable price.”
“I work as a supervisor on a production line. My daily duty is quite boring, but I need to stay alert to check for errors. I thought I would write a quick review of Modalert – It makes tasks much easier because it helps me to focus.”
Modalert Reviews from the website ModafinilXL –
“I didn’t know whether Modalert would work for me or not, but I felt like I had to write a review as this medicine is the real thing. I managed to study all night for an exam; otherwise, I would not have any hope of passing. Studying for exams is easy with this pill.”
“Three months ago, I could barely get out of bed in the morning, and now I’m doing two jobs and even enjoying a social life because I take Modalert every day. This medicine makes a great difference.”
choosing the right nootropic depends on your needs and goals. Modalert and Modvigil are both effective for improving wakefulness and productivity.
Based on our research, if you are looking for a nootropic that will provide you with its benefits for a prolonged duration, then you can go with Modalert, and if you’re on a budget, then you can choose Modvigil.
What is the Use of Modalert?
What is Modvigil?
What are the benefits of a person taking Modafinil?
Is Modafinil a Narcotic?
Does Modafinil feel like a stimulant?
Is Buying Modafinil Online Illegal
How Modafinil Promotes Wakefulness, Verywellmind.
Clinical Pharmacokinetic Profile of Modafinil, -PubMed
How Long Does Modafinil Stay in Your System, GraniteRecoveryCenters.
Modafinil Oral Route, Mayoclinic.